What To Do if You Experience Commercial Water Damage
Commercial water damage is a topic that property owners dread. It is one of the most frequent and costly claims that today’s small businesses have to deal with. Current statistics suggest that around 75% of commercial water damage losses are caused by leaks from:
- HVAC systems
- Plumbing issues
Because water can cause serious damage to your commercial property, it is important for you to carry commercial property insurance. This will prevent you from having to pay out of pocket to cover all of the repairs that your property requires when water damage strikes. If you notice water damage at your business or commercial property, it is important to act quickly to avoid serious losses and rising costs. The good news is the fact that our professional contractors at ServiceMaster Fire & Water Restoration Services are always ready to quickly respond to your property to help you deal with this issue right away.
Table of Contents
Water Damage and Restoration Services for Businesses
The water damage repair, remediation, and repair process can be a tricky one. It can be caused by a variety of factors that include plumbing leaks, flooding, and storms. The end result can be significant property damage and disruption to the operation of your business. For these reasons, it is important to turn to the expertise of certified professionals.
As soon as you identify flooding and water damage, determining the source and cutting it off is the top priority. Once the flow has been stopped, the water must be removed, the affected areas must be dried, and they must also be treated to prevent mold growth. It is also essential to repair or replace any damaged materials.
At ServiceMaster Fire & Water Restoration Services, we offer commercial storm damage restoration services designed to help property owners across the greater Lexington region when water damage strikes their businesses. Our team of professionals can quickly respond to your business when water damage occurs. We will assess the damage, provide you with an estimate for repairs, and put in place the necessary steps to restore your commercial property to its pre-water damage condition. Our team has the knowledge, experience, and equipment required to handle your commercial water damage issues, no matter how severe they are. You can also count on us to closely coordinate with you and other building occupants throughout the repair and restoration process so that your business operations experience a minimal amount of disruption.
Commercial Water Damage Restoration – The Steps to Take
You will want to act quickly once you identify commercial water damage at your business property. The steps you should take to mitigate the damage include:
- Identify the Water Source Causing the Damage – It is important to remember that water leaks can occur in many places within a commercial property. Some of the common areas that you should check include holes and pipes in your walls and roof. It can also be a great move to consult with a local plumber to assist you in identifying the source of the water.
- When Necessary, Shut Off the Water Main – If the source of your water damage is a leaking or burst pipe, you can shut off your water main to prevent additional damage from occurring.
- Contact Your Insurance Provider – As soon as you identify water damage at your commercial property, you will want to immediately notify your insurance company. Before you do this, take care to document the extent of the water damage with photos and detailed notes.
- Contact ServiceMaster Fire & Water Restoration Services – The next step to take when you find yourself dealing with water damage to your commercial property is to contact ServiceMaster Fire & Water Restoration Services. We are always ready to put our expertise to work helping Lexington area business owners get their properties back to normal again after water damage occurs.
What Are the Potential Causes of Water Damage to Your Business?
There are many events that can lead to water damage to your business. The primary potential causes for commercial water damage include:
- Leaking appliances
- Roof leaks
- Leaking/burst pipes
- Natural flooding from overflown rivers and lakes
- Firefighters who are battling a fire in the area
The Area’s Best Water Damage Cleanup Services
At ServiceMaster Fire & Water Restoration Services, we are proud of our reputation as the go-to commercial storm damage restoration professionals that business owners in Lexington, Kentucky rely on. When you hire our team of experienced contractors, you can count on:
- A detailed initial assessment
- Water removal
- Professional drying/dehumidifying
- Water damage restoration
- Mold/mildew remediation
- Floor/wall reconstruction
- Help with the filing of insurance policy claims
Why You Should Never Delay Water Damage Restoration
The unfortunate reality of water damage is the fact that it often extends much further than what you can physically see. Though water damage often results in soaked flooring and deteriorated walls and other surfaces, it can build up in places that are difficult to inspect. Another consequence of water damage is the fact that it provides an ideal environment for the growth of mold and mildew.
There are three primary classes of water damage that are determined by the type of water that caused the flooding. Class 1 water damage refers to flooding caused by clean water that is not dangerous to people. Gray water or Class 2 water damage refers to water that came from sources that include appliances, sinks, and baths. It is relatively clean but can still harbor microorganisms that can cause illness. Class 3 water damage, also known as black water, is highly contaminated water that can contain many types of bacteria and other harmful pathogens. This water comes from sources that include natural flooding and septic systems. The dangerous potential of Class 2 and 3 water damage adds emphasis to the importance of working with experienced water damage professionals at your commercial property.
All of these points help to illustrate the importance of quick and effective commercial storm damage restoration that is conducted by our team at ServiceMaster Fire & Water Restoration Services. We have been serving the Lexington, Kentucky region for many years and take pride in helping area commercial property owners with all of their water damage repair, remediation, and restoration needs. Give us a call today or send us a message to find out more about how we can assist you.