What Does Water Mitigation Consist of?
It can be helpful to have a solid idea about what the process of water mitigation consists of. This is yet another common question that our Lexington area customers regularly ask us. A further breakdown of this key process includes:
- The removal of all materials that cannot be salvaged
- The removal of materials and structures that have been affected by flooding (flooring, upholstered furniture, drywall, etc.)
- Disinfecting and cleaning all areas that have been affected by flooding
- The use of deodorizing methods
- Detailed and thorough drying out of all of the structural components of your property by using specialized equipment
- Humidity and moisture testing procedures
These are the primary processes that are involved in the process of water mitigation. This process can help to ensure that as many of your valuable property items that can be salvaged are quickly identified, dried, disinfected, and cleaned.
You can find out more about the topic of water extraction and water mitigation by contacting us here at ServiceMaster Fire & Water Damage Restoration today. We are your go-to water damage restoration pros here in the Lexington, KY area. You can reach our offices by calling (859) 309-9964. We can also be reached through our company website. Reach out to us today for further information about what we offer or to schedule service.